The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Monday 25 February 2008

A tough day

Yesterday was quite a tough day - not hard work, just tough. I didn't
have a good night's sleep on Saturday night and then when I woke up
(before the alarm) yesterday morning, I was having more pains than
before. I've been having Braxton Hicks for a few days now, but these
were a bit stronger. Not totally regular, but about every 5 minutes
when they were.

Dave was at Scout camp - only 15 minutes down the road - and was due
back in the afternoon, but I wanted him home. I wasn't really
convinced anything was happening, but just didn't want to be on my
own. So I phoned him, gave him permission to pack the tent up, and
then he came.

In the meantime I'd phoned Dawn who told me it could go either way -
it could be pains because of the head engaging more with Braxton
Hicks, or it could be the start of labour. She said to take a couple
of paracetamol to take the edge off, have a warm bath, rest just in
case and give her a ring if things "started to hot up".

I had a nice long bath, with more pains going on, and then felt really
tired, so laid down for an hour or so sleep. And that's about it. The
pains continued on and off during the day, and I couldn't really
settle - I think Dave got a bit frustrated with me fidgeting on the
sofa when we were watching telly! Neither of us wanted to cook tea and
Dave suggested going out to a pub, but I just wanted to be at home -
so takeaway pizza it was!

So it was tough in terms of not feeling right, not settling and being
frustrating that nothing came of it. I know that labour will be
tougher in terms of pain and hard work, but at least I'll know
something is happening then!

No comments: