The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Monday 11 February 2008

A busy week

It's all happening! I thought I was supposed to be resting now I'm on maternity leave. Fat chance!

I've just been to the osteopath. My last appointment was before Christmas, when she said everything seemed to be OK but she wanted to see me about now to check everything was still OK for the last few weeks and the birth. Today everything is still OK - the curve in my back is not bad, my spine is well spaced and even, and she says everything seems to be ready for the big event. She doesn't want to see me again before the birth - unless I have a problem - but suggests I go back with Bubble to check us both out two weeks or so afterwards.

I've made an appointment for a massage on Thursday. Dave's Dad gave me some money for Christmas to go and have one, and now seems like a good time. So I'm looking forward to that. It's for an hour at 11.30, so then Dave and I can go out for lunch (well, it is Valentine's Day)
which should make for a really nice day.

Dawn, my midwife, is coming on Thursday morning. It'll give Dave a chance to meet her, and she's also going to bring the home birth pack with her. Not sure exactly what is in the pack, but I've been told it's not that exciting - cotton wool, incontinence pads and some drugs!

Thursday evening is our second NCT antenatal class as well. Last week's was OK - a lot of the same stuff we covered when we went to Olivia's active birth workshop, but this week she's going to cover the intervention stuff, which hopefully we won't need to know about, but
at least if things don't work out we'll have information to allow us to make the right decisions.

And then I've just had a phone call from the community office at the maternity hospital to say they've got a pool ready for me to pick up. So that's a job for Friday (as well as picking up the pethidine that I want to have available "just in case").

So it's all very exciting - everything seems to be getting sorted out and then it'll just be a case of waiting for Bubble to decide when he wants to arrive

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad things are going well, find time to have your hair cut, I found it impossible to get to the hairdressers with a small baby!
See you all soon I hope
Claire T

Anonymous said...

Tilly Here
Just Wondering Where Bubble 2 Is Hiding?!
xxx

Bubble's Mum said...

Tilly, I'm going to ignore that!