The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Wednesday 13 February 2008

Birth plan

Although the midwife came the other week to talk about the "medical"
bits of my birth plan (ie monitoring, pain relief etc) I decided to
sit down and type it up, adding the "social" and "emotional" bits this
afternoon.
It's been good for me to write down things that I've been thinking
about over the last few weeks, such as Dave not being sent home if I
have to transfer and stay in hospital. And Dave's read through it as
well, so I guess it's helped him to get some things clear.
Dawn is coming tomorrow morning, so she can read through it and we can
discuss anything that needs it. I particularly want her comments on
the tone of it - although I'm clear about what I want (and the birth
plan does include the "what-ifs" of transferring etc) I don't want it
to become dictatorial and am keen that it works with the midwives, not
against them.

No comments: