The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Thursday 6 December 2007

Not the best couple weeks...

It start a week past Monday. Dave had had a stomach bug over the
weekend, but I thought I'd got away without catching it. Ha, what was
I thinking! At work on Monday morning I suddenly felt really rough -
stomach pains and nausea. The locum coordinator managed to get me
emergency cover, and I got home early afternoon. I was only physically
sick once (as Dave had been) on Monday evening, and didn't have any
diarrhoea (which Dave had had), but didn't really feel great until
Wednesday.

Then this Monday I had a little accident at work. I stood on a
kick-stool to reach some tablets down off a shelf, and as I was
stepping off again took a bit of a tumble - not surprising when I
later found out that the kick-stool had been broken. I landed on my
feet and didn't bang anything, but jarred my back and gave myself a
bit of a shock. Went to see the GP on Tuesday morning, having already
felt Bubble move, so not being too concerned. Se confirmed it was
muscular a told me just to rest, but not much so that I seized up!

Luckily I was already going to the osteopath on Tuesday afternoon, so
she did some work with me to loosen things up and straighten the
kinks, and my back - and hips/pelvis - are feeling a lot better now.
Back again in a couple of weeks for more work, but things are moving
in the right direction - including my pelvis which the osteopath
confirmed is straighter than it was.

But that's not the end of the bad fortnight. Not long before shop
closing time yesterday, my head felt not-quite-right ad then the
horrible blurred spot in the eye started. I knew straight away - a
migraine. I haven't had one for about 18 months, so thought those days
were behind me. But this one was a bad one. Dave managed to get a lift
across to bring me home, by which time the blurred vision had gone and
the headache had started in earnest. Feeling like my head was going to
burst and that I might throw up it I moved too much, I went straight
to bed. A fairly restless night and my head was still banging this
morning, so no work for me again. I'm feeling a bit better now - at
least I can emerge out of the darkened room, without cringing away
from the light - but my head is still fairly bad. With only really
being able to take paracetamol, I'm realising how much the triptans
eased the symptoms. I'm just a bit worried now that this is the start
of a whole load again, but fingers crossed that it's just a blip.

No comments: