The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Wednesday 21 November 2007

I'm wonky!

I've been suffering a bit with niggling pain in my pelvis/hip/buttock.
Don't know exactly what area you'd call it, but it's kind of inside
the top & back of my pelvis. I've had the pain before - even before
being pregnant (when it tended to be after I'd slept on a hard surface
at camp!) - but it's been worse over the past few weeks. I was
recommended an osteopath to go and see, so off I toddled yesterday.
And the diagnosis - I'm wonky! For whatever reason, I don't stand with
my hips levels and my spine cures. There's no difference in leg length
or anything like that, so it's "just" a case of straightening me out.
After spending an hour at the osteopath with her working my joints and
muscles I was given an exercise to do until I go back in a fortnight.
Sounds simple enough, but I have to stand with my bum, back, shoulders
and head as flat against the wall as I can for a minute every hour.
I'm having to push myself to stand like that - it doesn't seem
natural, but I guess that's my problem - my natural is not right!

No comments: