The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Tuesday 18 December 2007

I just don't understand

Can someone explain to me how encouraging me to go into hospital for Bubble's birth will help with anxiety, when the only thing that I am anxious about regarding the birth is it becoming an unnecessarily medical procedure in hospital?

After I'd spoken to WD I phone the midwife's office to book a birthing pool - which she'd said I should do if that was what I wanted. But the office said they couldn't book it because my midwife, CF, hadn't told them of my plans for a home birth. Anyway, after thinking that CF was on holiday, I spoke to her today (apparently she doesn't go on holiday until Wed) about it. She said that in her monthly meeting with the doctors, Dr W (who was really supportive etc all the way through my depression) had been surprised that I want a home birth and CF told me I'd have to speak to Dr W about it, because of my history of anxiety. Whether CF would have given me this news had I not contacted her I don't know, but somehow I think she would have left it until I see her in the second week on January, thereby causing more delay and heel-dragging.
What I don't understand - and if someone can explain then please help - is how not supporting me in my decision for home birth will help with anxiety that is only there when I think about going into hospital for no reason. Surely if I feel that I would be happier, more secure and more relaxed at home, then they should be encouraging this.

I'm rapidly losing trust in CF - I don't feel supported by her, she's not listening to me, and I don't know whether I want to see her again if she's going to make me feel like this.

I've made an appointment to see Dr W in the new year - before my next appointment with CF (if I go to that) so we'll see what happens. Keep watching...

No comments: