The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Tuesday 15 January 2008

Woohoo!!

Have just been to my midwife appointment and am feeling happy! There was no real discussion, just "You've been to see Dr W, haven't you? OK, I'll book the home birth and pool for you." None of the previous mutterings about it having to be an informed choice, and that someone would have to come to the house to discuss it all with me. She's obviously realised that I am informed, that I'm not stupid etc.

So, it's all booked. She phoned the office while I was there, so I know it's done. She was going to give me the bag of stuff today - obviously not many other home births planned - but then decided that she didn't need to and she could bring it round with the drugs once I'd decided about physiological/active third stage and Vitamin K. She asked if I'd got my birth plan written yet - so has obviously realised that I'm quite organised about this and am likely to know what I want! - and suggested I write it before my next appointment in a couple of weeks time.

Bubble is head down, which is great. But back to back, which is not ideal. She confirmed my suspicions that it's the feet that keep squirming under my ribs. So now we just need to persuade the little one that it would be more comfortable with it's back away from mine! Lots of scrubbing of floors for me!

So, I'm happy. Am feeling a whole lot better about it. Feel as though people are listening to me. And that gives me a boost. Big smiles all round!

No comments: