The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Friday 4 January 2008

My doctor supports me.

I went to see my GP, Dr W, this morning about home birth. I know I don't need her "permission" but her support was important to me. She admitted that she's not really in favour of home births, and for her she would want everything possible - drugged up etc - but accepted that I'm not stupid, have done the research and have made a informed decision and so supports me. And that's all I really want from her - I know she has nothing practical to do with it, but just knowing that there is someone in the medical profession who respects my decision makes me feel a whole lot better. Dr W is going to speak to my midwife, CF, about our chat and pass on her support, and has advised me to ask CF for a referral to a midwife colleague if she's not happy to support me. So I think I will go to my appointment with CF in a couple of weeks time - I was thinking of just phoning her and telling her that I wasn't going because I'd lost trust in her - and see what she says. But I'm prepared to ask for another midwife if that's what's going to be needed to get the practical support.

No comments: