The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Friday 5 September 2008

Swimming lessons

After the summer break we're back with our proper swimming lessons today (we have been going to the local pool where they have a baby splash session, but it's busy and just not the same!)

Imogen's come on a lot over the last few weeks. Today she was kicking her legs so much so that the instructor joked that if I left go of her she'd be across the pool before we know it! She's a lot more confident in the water, especially with the underwater swims - just a bit of a splutter and a pet lip when she comes up, rather than the tears that we used to get.

The development over the weeks has been really good, and very gradual so nothing is too scary. Today the new thing was letting go of Imogen on the underwater swims - more scary for me that her, I suspect. Another new thing is trying to get her to hold on to the rail at the side (a safety skill), but she's still very young for this and hasn't really got the strength in her arms.

In a few weeks' time it's going to be my chance to go underwater as well, to see her swimming. I'm really looking forward to it, but reckon I should maybe wear my goggles around the house a bit before then so she's not spooked by them when it comes to that.

There's also the opportunity to go to a photography session at the end of this series of lessons, where the bring in an underwater photographer to capture the babies swimming. When the letter came about it, I dismissed it because of the cost, but having been back to the lessons with her, I now really want to do it, so we've got a lovely photo of my little water baby. Shame spare cash is still none existant :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Not sure if it's cheaper but we once bought a disposible underwater camera and the piccies were good!!!

Luv Auntie Suexxxxx