The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Friday 11 July 2008

Rolling & Routine

In the last week or so, Imogen has started to roll on to her side. She's done it half-heartedly before, but now it's very definite - rolling over to reach something, whether that be a toy or my boob for milk! The other night she rolled on to her side in her crib and when Dave & I went to bed, she was asleep on her side, thumb in and cuddling a muslin! She hasn't yet made it onto her front, but I guess it's only a matter of time.

The other thing that has happened in the last few days is (what seems to be) a better routine to our day. I've not really ever pushed her into a routine, preferring just to go with the flow and see what happens. But in the last few days, she seems to have wanted a routine herself (or at least a more regular sleep pattern). I don't know whether she's always wanted it and I haven't been picking up on the clues, or whether it's only just dawned on her that sleep during the day makes life better for everyone. She been wanting a half-hour sleep mid-morning (about 9-10am), and then another one at about midday, with a longer sleep (about two hours) during the afternoon.

She's been a lot happier between these sleeps, especially late afternoon when she used to be really crabby. And the bedtime routine seems to be getting better as well - in fact last night, she had a bath, fed, had a bedtime bible story and then went to sleep, all by 7pm!

She's been a bit better about going to sleep as well. She doesn't seem to be going to sleep on the boob, but now will sleep when cuddled. She puts up a bit of a fight, between sucks of the thumb, but does go a lot better than she used to. I do try and put her in the cot for a time as well, as sometimes she does put herself to sleep, but if she needs cuddling, then that's OK by me.

I don't know whether this new routine will continue, but for now I'm enjoying it. I'm able to get more bits done around the house and last night's 11 hours of sleep was certainly good!

No comments: