The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Wednesday 19 March 2008

Midwife visit

Midwife came again yesterday, with mixed results. I'm feeling more
positive and relaxed about things, even though it didn't all go great.

She brought a homeopathy kit, so I've now got tablets to take for
inducing labour, relaxing and bruising (to use during labour, when it
eventually happens).

She had a good prod and poke of the belly, and decided that, even
though the back seems to be in a good position, the head is slightly
posterior, meaning that it's not sitting on the cervix quite right
which is probably why I haven't gone into labour yet. Not quite what I
wanted to hear, but at least I have a reason and a plan of action - no
sitting on the sofa, using the ball/kneeling/rocking etc to tip the
pelvis forward, and another homeopathy tablet to help it turn.

A second attempt at a sweep was more successful - although the cervix
is still thick and closed, she did manage to get a finger through and
do a partial sweep. So, that's an advance from last Thursday when
nothing was happening. Dawn is coming again on Friday morning to try a
third one.

In addition to this I've got a acupuncture appointment for Friday
lunchtime. It's something I've been thinking about, and we decided
that if it got to the point of having to go into hospital to be
induced and we hadn't tried it we'd be forever wondering. When I spoke
to the acupuncturist she's had a lot of obstetric experience, which
was good to hear. She said the needles will be in for about 45
minutes, with her "reactivating" them every 5 minutes. And then she'll
be able to give us - Dave can come along as well - some information on
acupressure pints to use to continue the effect after the appointment.

So, I'm doing all I can, and if it gets to the stage of hospital
induction etc, then at least I'll know that there was nothing else I
could have done.

No comments: