The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Thursday 13 March 2008

It's not imminent!

Dawn has been again this morning for another antenatal check. I'm
fine, Bubble's fine :) - but labour isn't imminent :( She tried a
sweep, but the cervix was closed, so no go on that. We talked about
options. Wendy, another midwife, has offered to come next Tuesday to
bring a homeopathy kit, so that's going to happen (and she'll do
antenatal checks and try another sweep at the same time). I've also
got the phone number for an acupuncturist so I'll maybe give them a
ring and talk about what they can do and how much it will cost.

I've decided to turn down the option of induction at the moment - even
if I get to 42 weeks. So, I've got an appointment with the consultant,
also next Tuesday, to put a plan in place for closer monitoring after
Easter. Dawn has warned me that there'll be pressure at that
appointment to go for the induction route, but she's 100% behind me,
and says I'm entirely within my rights to decline it, and still opt
for a home birth. Closer monitoring will basically be the baby's heart
rate, with possibly scans to check the placenta and blood supply -
could be every day, but not necessarily.

So, all in all, I'm feeling OK. Yes, I'm fed up of waiting, but if
Bubble isn't ready then so be it. And I'm feeling better now I know
that I've still got midwife support for a home birth, and not hospital
induction, after 42 weeks. That's what I've been a bit worried about -
Dawn says I have to stop thinking negatively like that, and think
positively instead, which I feel I can do more now.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Bubble will make an appearance when Bubble is good and ready!! I know ...been there several times!!!
Have you tried drinking raspberry leaf tea, driving over cobbles, hot curry and the obvious?!
There is a pressure point on lower half of leg, near ankle that is supposed to help start labour but can't remember exactly where it is, so you would need to do more research on that one.
Hope to hear good news soon.
Luv Auntie Sue xxx