The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Saturday 28 February 2009

No more a full-time Mum :(

I'm back to pharmacy work on Tuesday. Not looking forward to it one little bit. In fact I'm dreading it. I'm only going back to pay the bills, and I'd much rather be at home with Imogen. I've - nay, we've - loved the last 11 months, but unfortunately the mortgage has to be paid. I keep telling myself it won't be for ever, but it doesn't really make it any easier.

I'm going to be working 2 days a week, with possibly occasional Saturdays if we're really stuck for cash. Unfortunately one of the days is having to be a 9 hour day for me (the second day I'm hoping to be able to manage by covering stores that have half-day closing, or where I'd be a second pharmacist so wouldn't have to be there all day) which is going to be a very long horrible day.

Imogen is going to this nursery. It's not in our village - the ones here weren't really suitable - but only just across the valley, and we'd rather travel to a nursery we are happy with. It is lovely with lots of outside space - and they go out every day, whatever the weather, and animals (including sheep & chickens!). The staff are lovely and everyone I've spoken to has good things to say about it.

Imogen went for a visit on Tuesday, with Dave and I going with her as well. She seemed fine with it all, and wasn't really fazed by the new people and environment - after just a few minutes she was happily playing at the other side of the room to me, and helped herself to plenty of food at snack time. She was due to go for a visit on her own on Thursday, but then woke up with conjunctivitis, so that got put off and she's now going on Monday, before she starts properly on Tuesday.

To be honest, I'm not too worried about her. There are some things that I think about - mainly sleep (she's not good at settling herself, and I worry that she'll be left to "cry it out") and discipline (more later, when/if she has "tantrums") - but I think a lot of it will be down to communication between us and the nursery staff.

It's more me that I'm worried about - not only am I having to leave Imogen, but I'm having to do it to go to a job that I don't enjoy at all.

No comments: