The latest news...

Please keep checking back to find out what's happening. We'll update it as often as we can.

Thursday 5 June 2008

Is this a turning point?

For a while now we've thought that Imogen would eventually find thumb or fingers. Occasionally we've managed to edge her thumb in, which she then sucked. For a few days she's been putting fist in mouth and sucking on it when she's tired, but today fingers went in - definitely not by accident and not just once! (Takes after her Mummy!!!) The first time I'd put her in the cot while I hung some washing out, and came back in to find her a bit unsettled, but calming herself with her fingers; since then they've been in quite a bit. And I've just put her down for the night - as I did she stirred which would usually mean her waking and crying, but tonight fingers went in and she soothed herself to sleep. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it's a sign of a good night tonight - and that we've reached a turning point when she may be quite happy to be left sometimes. Or am I being too hopeful?!

No comments: